Google maps is an excellent mapping service application for Android and iOS but the thing which makes us worry is the application needs more mobile data and which makes it expensive. There are also some places where will be no internet service. Luckily you can view offline google maps to avoid these situations. It works on both Android and iOS devices.
How to use Google maps offline on Android and iOS
Make sure you have installed the latest version of Google maps on your devices and just keep up the following steps
- Make sure you are connected you have an active internet connection in your device
- Open Google maps and search for the place which you want to view in offline (e.g. Chennai)
- Just tap on the place or pull the sheet up from the bottom of the screen
- You can find an option “ Download ” to use offline. Just click it
- Again you can see an option save to confirm, saving the map for offline usage.
- Name the offline map and save it that’s all your map will be downloaded.
- Now disconnect internet open Google maps> menu> Your Places> and view offline maps.
- Don’t Miss: How to Get Rid of Trojan Horses on Your PC
Manage Offline Google maps
You can manage the offline maps which are downloaded. You can rename, update and delete it. Make sure you remember that the offline map will be expired in 30 days
Benefits of using Google maps without internet
- Saves Mobile data and reduce your expense
- If you keep exploring the same area for several days it will be quite lot helpful
- You can use it in places where internet service is not available.
Note: The Offline map is an amazing feature of this application but you can’t use google navigation, search and some more features in offline.