Samsung Electronics on Thursday has launched its 8K QLED TV—Samsung Q900R at the IFA 2018 consumer electronics trade show in Berlin, to take on LG’s 8K OLED TV. The 8K (7680×4320 pixels) resolution QLED TV comes in four screen sizes 65-inch, 75-inch, 82-inch, and 85-inch. The 8K QLED TV is an 8K Ready with Real 8K Resolution, Q HDR 8K, and Quantum Processor 8K altogether combined to achieve 8K- quality images, Samsung said.
- Real 8K Resoultion— capable of 4,000 nit peak brightness that allows TV to produce four times more pixels than a 4K UHD TV and 16 times more pixels than a Full HD TV.
- Q HDR 8K— is powered by HDR 10+ technology which optimizes the TV’s brightness levels and produces pristine colors and images is also incorporated to deliver pictures as intended by creators.
While considering the fact that it would be hard to find 8K content at this moment. So the Samsung’s Q900R uses its own ‘8K Upscaling‘ technology based on artificial intelligence and a dedicated processor to bring up the picture and sound quality to a level compatible with 8K regardless of the original source quality or format. It can upscale the content from streaming service, set-top box, HDMI, USB or even mobile mirroring, thanks to Quantum Processor 8K, it recognizes and upscales the content to appear in 8K quality. Additionally, the Q900R also features Direct Full Array Elite for enhanced contrast and precise backlighting control, and also 100% Color Volume that promises the best color accuracy to-date. While considering on user’s choice of handling, the TV comes with sought-after features like One Remote, Ambient Mode, One Invisible Connection, SmartThings, Universal Guide. The TV recognizes and analyzes a number of connected entertainment devices like audio devices connected via an optical cable with One Remote, then auto-switches the TV’s image source and audio output for an optimized viewing experience.
— Samsung TV (@SamsungTV) August 30, 2018
It also features Ambient Mode that is available on the current Samsung TVs, which blend the TV in the surrounding space (—entire room) with the beautiful images, weather, news and more while it showcasing on the TV screen. The One Invisible Connection comes with 5 meters of optical cable and power cable in one seamless cord let the users decide where and how they place the TV according to their choice. SmartThings added on the TV, thus allows easier to access the information, while the Universal Guide, which gives recommendations to easily find live and OTT content on TV.
You might also like this
- LG introduced the world’s first 8K OLED TV at the IFA 2018!
- Lenovo introduced the ThinkPad X1 Extreme, Yoga Series and Chromebooks at IFA 2018!
- Asus unveiled the new range of ZenBook series alongside a Zen AiO 27 PC at IFA!