OPPO India today has launched its selfie-focused smartphone, OPPO F7 at an event in Mumbai, it’s successor to the OPPO F5.The main highlight of the smartphone is its whopping 25MP front-facing camera integrated with AI Beauty 2.0,which identifies your beautification preferences based on the common edits and also optimizes facial contours in a group selfie, unlike other devices, providing definition to different faces in one frame.
The F7 comes a 6.23-inch FullHD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) display 19:9 aspect ratio with an iPhone X-like notch on the top bottom and 88% screen-to-body ratio, which the company calls Super Full Screen. The phone runs new ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo and powering with 3400mAh non-removable battery with AI battery management support.
It is powered by MediaTek Helio P20 octa-core Processor with ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. The phone comes in two variants; 4GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage and 6GB RAM + 128GB internal storage. The 6GB RAM with 128GB model is a special edition that comes in Sunrise Red, which shimmers like gemstones and a Diamond Black with triangular patterns on the back which replicates a diamond-like glow and light refractions.
Coming to the camera, it sports a 16-megapixel camera on the rear with f/1.8 aperture and a 25-megapixel selfie camera (Sony IMX576 sensor) on the front with f/2.0 aperture having real-time High Dynamic Range (HDR) support and AI Beauty 2.0 which can scan 296 facial recognition points, a 20% improvement from the first-generation technology. Apart from the AI beauty mode, it has AR (Augmented Reality) Stickers for selfies.
OPPO F7 : specifications
- Display: 6.23-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm ; Weight: 158g
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P20 12nm processor (Quad 2GHz Cortex A73 + Quad 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs)
- GPU: ARM Mali-G72 MP3 GPU clocked at 800MHz
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with ColorOS 5.0
- Memory: 4GB+64GB Internal storage and 6GB+128 GB Internal storage ; expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
- Rear Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 25MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nano + nano),4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS,Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG,3.5mm Audio Jack and Dirac HD.
- sensor: Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock ID, Accelerometer, and Proximity
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3,400 mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The OPPO F7 comes in Solar Red, Moonlight Silver colors and is priced at Rs. 21,990. It will be available through all online retailers such as Flipkart as well as offline stores starting at April 9th & flash sale on April 2nd. The Special Edition of OPPO F7 Sunrise Red and Diamond Black with 6GB RAM + 128GB storage version have been priced at Rs. 26,990.It will be exclusively available at selected OPPO stores.For more updates stay tuned.