Today, Google has launched its Google Home and Google Home Mini smart speakers in India.Google introduced its Google Home back in May 2016 and the Google Home Mini last year in October 2017. Late, but finally, both products are now available in India.
— Google India (@GoogleIndia) April 10, 2018
Google Home And Home Mini
Google Home is basically a smart speaker that not only plays music but also helps in managing your tasks, remember things for you and provide you information on request through voice commands.It comes with Google Assistant support.So You can activate it just by saying “Ok Google” followed by the command to play music using Google Play Music, Saavn, and Gaana too.
In terms of hardware, the Home comes with a speaker with 2-inch driver and dual 2-inch passive radiators on the sides.On the top, you have the touch panel with four LED’s, which helps you in adjusting the volume, pause or play audio, and call up the Assistant.
while the Home Mini is the compact version of Google Home with fabric speaker grill at the top and a plastic-looking base at the bottom. It also has three micro-LED lights on top.
Pricing and Availability
Google Home and Google Home Mini are priced at Rs 9,999, and Rs 4,499, respectively.Google Home Mini is available in Chalk and Charcoal colors – while Google Home will be available in Chalk now, and Coral will be available soon.It will be available for purchase online exclusively on Flipkart, and several other retail stores.
- Buy Google Home or Home Mini on Flipkart and get a free JioFi router.
- Six months free Google Play Music subscription (until October 31, 2018).
- Free JioFi router with 100GB of high-speed 4G data (worth Rs 2,499) till 30th April 2018 if you buy it from Reliance Digital or MyJio stores
- Philips Hue + Google Home Mini at a special bundled price at select Philips Hue and Croma outlets
- ACT Fibernet customers subscribing to 12-month advance rental plans of 90MBPS and above, will receive a Google Home Mini.
- Get 10% cashback when purchasing using HDFC Bank credit cards.
“We are delighted to bring our best-in-class Home products to India. These products have been customized to match the needs of the Indian consumer and you will see that Google Home is truly ‘desi’. It understands Indian accents and will respond to you with uniquely Indian contexts. Another unmatched feature of our product is that the Google Assistant can work across all your devices – giving you a personalized Assistant experience in its truest sense”.—Rishi Chandra, VP of Product Management and General Manager of Home Products, Google said.